|The secret of joy in work is contained in one word -- excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.
- Pearl S. Buck
here to return to Work History - Overvierw
May 2005 - December 2006
Director – Product Director
Corporation of America is a clinical laboratory and pioneer in genomic
testing and the commercialization of new diagnostic technologies,
LabCorp is one of the world's largest clinical laboratories, with
annual revenues of $3.3 billion in 2005. Headquartered in Burlington,
North Carolina, LabCorp has approximately 24,000 employees and offers
more than 4,400 clinical tests ranging from routine blood analyses
to the most sophisticated molecular diagnostics.
- Partnered directly with senior business management to define
new market opportunities, establish strategic healthcare product
roadmaps, and to deliver IT solutions to meet corporate and business
- Led the alignment of corporate business units to develop and
deliver a comprehensive and cohesive e-business strategy for the
entire enterprise. Worked directly with Marketing and Legal Departments
to build brand consistency while maintaining compliancy.
- Established councils and a governance process to manage the
enterprise e-business strategy. Led the implementation and migration
to this internet/intranet, portal-based strategy.
- Developed technical strategies and managed a multi-year technology
plan in support of business strategy and key corporate objectives.
Served as a "Solutions Provider" to offer visionary
guidance to business partners in using technology to enable business
- Provided full leadership to several business and IT teams to
take strategic product roadmaps and turn those into marketable
and profitable products. These teams were responsible for project
management, business and functional analysis, technical analysis
and design, product development and testing, product implementation,
and P&L measurement and reporting.
- Performed complete vendor relationship management and contract
negotiation, including RFP creation and development, for all product
outsourcing activities. Managed the vendor relationships from
inception to product release to guarantee a quality product.
- Developed and implemented full support methods, controls, and
SLA’s for all products, users, and operational systems.
As several products were the first to offer such extensive online
interaction directly with the patient, many of the methods and
controls had never previously existed.
- Provided complete accountability and responsibility for budget
and expense management and reporting.
- Partnered with senior business unit management to establish
external corporate relationships and to evaluate other companies
for possible product synergies, or as acquisition targets.
- Delivered several new product launches that met all dates, milestones,
and budget projections. These new products are estimated to add
$2.5 million annually in additional corporate revenue.
- Implemented a comprehensive and cohesive e-business strategy
for the enterprise that included oversight, management, and governance
processes. Provided influential leadership in the consolidation
of disparate applications and content into a comprehensive solution
that met customer needs.
- Created a model RFP, vendor evaluation, and selection process
that is used across the organization in selecting vendors for
- Assigned to this role by the CIO due to my ability to build
long-lasting business relationships, to establish, evaluate, and
execute a strategic vision, and to manage vendor relationships
and budget dollars. Served as the “IT Front Man” to
several highly visible and valuable projects.
here to learn more about this exciting professional