|The secret of joy in work is contained in one word -- excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.
- Pearl S. Buck
here to return to Work History - Overvierw
Lorillard Tobacco Company
April 2007 - March 2014
Manager – IT Quality Assurance and Compliance
Lorillard Tobacco Company, founded in 1760 by entrepreneur
Pierre Lorillard, is America's oldest continuously operating tobacco
company in the United States and is the nation’s third largest
tobacco company. Lorillard, an indirect subsidiary of the Loews
Corporation, does business in all 50 states, the District of Columbia
and Puerto Rico and other outlying U.S. possessions. In January
2002, Loews issued the Carolina Group (NYSE: CG) tracking stock
for the purpose of recognizing Lorillard's financial performance.
Today, Lorillard manufactures Newport -- the number one selling
menthol cigarette in the U.S. -- as well as brands Kent, True, Old
Gold, Maverick, Satin and Max.
- Primary responsibility for developing the strategy and implementing
the quality management framework and processes to support computer
system validation and maintaining validated software systems.
- Understanding of existing and proposed regulatory compliance
requirements and the assessment of impacts on IT processes and
- Ownership of the investigation, conceptualization, standardization,
implementation, training, support, and continuous improvement
practices for standards, infrastructure, resources, policy guidelines,
and tools relative to software development processes and methodologies,
quality management practices, and change and configuration management
processes. This ownership was for all application development
languages, on all platforms.
- Responsible for providing visionary guidance, implementing,
and managing the IT Quality Center of Excellence.
- Established strategic partnerships with Lorillard business partners,
IT project managers, and software development teams to continuously
improve the delivery of IT products and services.
- Owner of enterprise change management processes that manage
the introduction of all change to Lorillard IT production systems
- Responsible for Lorillard’s Business Continuity Planning
and Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Implemented the IT Quality Center of Excellence that formalized
quality management practices and processes for all IT deliverables.
This was implemented as a joint effort with the Lorillard IT Project
Management Office (PMO) and is part of a continuous improvement
effort aimed to improve the delivery of IT services.
- Working in conjunction with the CIO, implemented an enterprise
change management strategy to manage the introduction of all change
to Lorillard IT production systems and environments. This included
the implementation of an electronic workflow product to manage
the routing, approval, and communication process for all IT changes.
- Working in coordination with the Lorillard IT PMO, developed
a long-term, continuous improvement strategy related to project
management methodologies, software development process methodologies
and standards, quality management processes and techniques, and
change and configuration management. This strategy includes the
continuous introduction of new processes and methodologies on
a quarterly basis.
- Successfully managed seven full disaster recovery tests. This
included, for the first time, the participation of Lorillard business
partners in disaster recovery testing.
- Negotiated and implemented a service where the Lorillard BCP
recovery services partner performs all system recoveries in the
event of a disaster declaration. This effort included the creation
of detailed recovery procedure documentation for every Lorillard
IT system and application.
- Saved over $275,000 in direct dollars due to contract review
and renegotiation with a vendor service provider.
here to learn more about this exciting professional